Who am I?
- Name: Michael Hamson
- Date of birth: 11 July 1967
- Nationality: American Citizen
- Address: --------------------------
- Phone: ----------------------------
- Email: email@example.com
I am an energetic and ambitious professional. I have a keen understanding of the bigger picture while also having expertise as a developer at the granular level of the product life cycle. I firmly believe that the user experience is paramount to the success of any project and encompasses more then what can be seen by the user.
I believe that direct contribution starts with a positive and proactive membership to the team.
My Professional Background
2004October - 2014Present
2011 - 2014 Senior Developer
2004 - 2014 Project Manager
2006 - 2012 Development Mgr
Provide assessment and guidance for infrastructure planning and implementation of online voting application. Prototype new feature requests, following best practices and adherence to coding guidelines.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, responsible for a cross-functional team of IT, Development, Quality Assurance and Release Management. Meet with internal stake holders and government based experts for assessment of product & feature requirements for clients. Wireframe and prototype new concepts to help further along executive agenda. Hold daily stand-ups with local and remote teams as ScrumMaster. Build and define storyboards for scrum queue. Shipped reference level product & services while also providing record breaking industry firsts.
Manage a team of developers in the production of proprietary CMS platforms. Provide project management for any subsequent development requests by client's account and executive management. Work directly with code base to ensure compliance of standards as well as providing coding itself. Provide architectural and coding practices for enterprise level web and database projects. Manage local and remote development team members. Ensure standards of coding practices and quality of the code base during the development stages of the product life-cycle.
2007January - 2008June
Product Support Engineer
Product Support Engineer
Provided technical support and solutions for enterprise level deployments of CRM software through customised implementations as well as providing development for added features and/or functional extensibility.
- Provided technical support issue tracking and resolution.
- Worked directly with end users and partners to resolve support issues.
- Participated in QA testing of pre-production code releases.
- Verified, documented, managed, and fixed bugs for maintenance releases.
- Interfaced with Engineering and Sales teams.
- Participated in the after-hours and weekend on-call rotation.
- Communicated and provided regular status, performance, and operational reports to Management.
1997March - 2004October
2002 - 2004 Project Manager
1998 - 2002 Software Developer
1997 - 1998 QA Engineer (SDET)
Manage developers in team efforts to build code for specific features and/or products in adherence to specifications. Provide proactive feedback and contributions to the product to ensure longevity and acceptance. Establish cost estimates and distribution of responsibilities in order to meet development cycle timelines. Write development implementation and SDK's for each product and/or feature. Interact with customers to establish needs and requirements for current and future products. Design and build specification to address known and interpreted needs for a product. Coordinate and manage the test and development teams to ensure standards adherence. Determine team time-lines, product/project cost estimates, and project status reporting to senior management
Software Development Engineer (SDE)
Was responsible for the design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, and deployment processes to support customer-facing applications. Coding efforts to ensure reliable high-traffic web application to support millions of unique visitors per month.
- Worked with project managers to implement and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services.
- Designed and implemented cutting edge API layers for the content publishing teams.
- Worked closely with design and production teams to realise application functionality.
- Made architectural recommendations for performance and stability and security.
- Analysed feature designs and devise technical solutions.
- Assisted with planning, estimation and distribution of work.
- Developed deployment process and mechanisms.
- Developed and implement stress testing plans.
- Helped Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
QA Engineer (SDET)
Responsible for designing and implementing end to end automated testing processes and framework for windows.
- Defined end to end automation test strategy.
- Worked closely with development on automation architecture and design and to ensure integrity, reliability and effectiveness of automation.
- Support, maintain and document the automation infrastructure and procedures.
- Developed and executed automated end to end tests, analysing and reporting results as well as maintaining, extending and enhancing automation harness and testing infrastructure over time.
- Worked with the team to identify telemetry needed for end to end user scenarios and adopted the appropriate telemetry infrastructure.
- Analysed the telemetry for quality trends such as defects and design issues. Worked with the team to mitigate quality issues.
- Tracked issues, reported defects to developers, reported detailed information to isolate testing scenarios for fast resolution.
1986September - 1990June
School Profile Description
Spent four years at Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo majoring in Computer Science.
- CIS31 - Computer Science I
- CIS32 - Computer Science II
- CIS33 - Computer Science III
- CIS41 - Discrete Structures
- CIS17 - "C" Programming Language
- CDT054AZ - Basic Programming
- ENG19 - Logic & Switching Circuits
- CIS40 - Microcomputer Architecture & Programming
Brad's reference and quote is available on request.
Senior Product Manager
Taylor's reference and quote is available on request.
Vice President of Engineering
GK's reference and quote is available on request.
What I’m best at
Skills & Knowledge
Project Managmeent Institue (PMI)
- Google Analythics & SEO
- Instal and Configure
- E-commerce Platform
- Color theory knowledge
- Web Usability
- Grid & Layout
- Photo manipulation skills
- Digital Painting
- Photo Composition
- Good sense of Tipography
- Portrait Retouching
- Video Editing
Hobbies & Interests
I do enjoy a good game as well has having some historical ties to Juventus FC and OGC Nice.
Simply put, I believe that we have failed to take the needs of our environment into consideration when developing new technologies.
I have always wanted to be an artist, but I have a hard time putting my ideas to canvas. Photography is my escape from this cage.
I admit that I do not enjoy theatre. Cinema is the stage I prefer, especially quality movies that side-step Hollywood.
Suspendisse dignissim nisi non velit interdum, in condimentum augue varius. Nullam ac eu lacus rhoncus.
Travel is a monstrous addiction. I can only envy people like Ernest Hemingway & the Fitzgerald's who made a life of it.
I do love music, yet I find I am disturbed sometimes by how our tastes can transition as we mature.
Get in touch
The best way to get a hold of me is to either fill out the form bellow or send an email to the address provided.